Arena Opera Festival 2016
In the collective imagination, Verona is the city background of the tragic love history between Romeo and Juliet. Shakespeare’s tragedy made the fortune of this city that attract hundreds of tourists thanks to a sort of “romantic tourism”.
But the Roman amphitheater (better known as Arena) is, with Romeo and Juliet, the symbol of this city. It was probably built in I century and like all the amphitheaters housed the gladiator’s spectacles. A solid and impressive structure with the exterior faced of bricks and red marble (called “rosso Verona”) which create a particular chromatic effect; the interior with its central stage and a tier of concentric seats give an effect of grandeur. The Arena maintains its hundred-years function indeed it still is the stupendous background of concerts and musical manifestations like the long-awaited opera season at the Verona Arena Opera! From 24th June to 28th August, 46 evenings devoted to the Arena di Verona Opera Festival 2016 and the special show Roberto Bolle & Friends. Great excitement and magic in a truly unique location: do not miss the 94th Verona Opera Festival 2016 at the Arena di Verona opera!
The Verona Opera Festival- 2016 program will include: Carmen, La Traviata, Il Trovatore, Turandot, and the quintessential opera: Aida at the Verona Arena by Giuseppe Verdi. The most popular works for the most popular productions in over a century of Opera Arena di Verona!
Below is a list of the works being performed this year.
- June: Saturday 25th, Thursday 30th
- July: Sunday 3rd, Thursday 7th, Thursday 14th, Sunday 17th, Sunday 24th, Thursday 28th, Sunday 31st
- August: Sunday 7th, Tuesday 9th, Sunday 14th, Thursday 18th, Sunday 21st, Wednesday 24th, Sunday 28th
- June: Friday 24th
- July: Friday 1st, Wednesday 6th, Saturday 9th, Wednesday 13th, Saturday 16th, Friday 29th
- August: Friday 5th, Thursday 11th, Wednesday 17th, Saturday 20th, Tuesday 23th, Saturday 27th
- July: Saturday 23th, Wednesday 27th
- August: Friday 12th, Friday 19th, Thursday 25th
July: Saturday 2th, Tuesday 5th, Friday 8th, Tuesday 12th, Friday 15th, Friday 22nd, Tuesday 26th, Saturday 30th
August: Saturday 6th, Wednesday 10th, Saturday 13th, Friday 26th
Let yourself be seduced by this city of great charm and musical culture.